Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's Like Christmas!

Now I know many people cringe when others start talking about Christmas.  Yes, it is 4 months and 7 days away, but for the knitter, this is very important.  We must start knitting soon, or risk not finishing all of our presents.  I will not have a repeat of last year when my brother's scarf was still damp when I wrapped it for him. So, I've ordered some of my "Christmas Yarn" and it arrived Friday.

I also received my replacement needles.

I was able to start again on the "Project That Shall Not Be Named" which is excellent!

Plus, my other yarn order was delivered Frinday evening, as well...
It really is like Christmas!  I love getting things in the mail.  It's so much fun!  That green yarn is Caron Simply Soft worsted weight yarn, and the white is a beautiful sequined lace weight from Patons.

I love them all, and I've already gotten started on one of the projects.
This is the first repeat of the pattern Tea Time Afghan by Carole Prior in the Big Book of Quick Knit Afghans.  It's a lovely pattern and very quick to knit up.  I like all of the patterns in the book and this is actually the first pattern.  I would very much like to work my way through all 24 of them.

So far, I'm on track, how about you?

Happy Knitting!



No comments:

Post a Comment